2023 British Track Championships, 26-29th January, Newport
A smaller team of 9 riders & 2 coaches were down at the 2023 British Track Championships with some brilliant success & coverage in all the events we competed in.
- Strong performances from 2 Men’s Team Sprint teams, with Luthais Arthur, Lyall Craig & Niall Monks coming away with a bronze medal in a new club record time of 45.620.
- 4th & 6th place finishes from Lyall & Luthais in the Men’s Sprint. Special shoutout to a stonking PB from Will Munday of 10.735 in his second national championships. Luthais Arthur with a new club record of 10.216 in the Flying 200m.
- 2x Top 10 finishes for Sylvi Misztal in the Women’s 500m & Keirin. Her 35.293s in the 500 is a new club record.
- Standout performances in the Men’s Keirin with Luthais & Niall racing their way into the major final. Strong rides throughout the day from Niall led to 2nd bronze medal of the championships.
- A solid silver medal for Georgia Holt in the Paracycling 1km TT for GTRC.
Overall a great success, cementing GTRC’s status as the UK’s top track racing club, with riders regularly putting current GBCT riders to the sword.
2023 GTRC GP w/Scottish Madison Championships, 19th February, SCHV Glasgow
At the first round of the 2023 British Sprinters’ League Series, we had 21 club riders racing in the Sprint & Madison events.
Georgia Holt led the charge in the Women’s Sprint events for the club, with a third place pipping clubmate Rebecca Howard. Meanwhile, on the Men’s side, we had representation on the A, B & C podiums with Luthais & Lyall Craig finishing 2nd & 3rd in the John Paul Memorial Trophy, Masters’ Weapon Marcel Laurenz finishing 3rd in the Ocho B Sprint & David Blyth occupying 3rd spot in the Penumbra Blinds C Sprint.
Thank you to all who came down & helped. Overall, the weekend was a resounding success and we look forward to bringing more events to Glasgow in 2023!
2023 BUCS Track Championships, 4-5th March, Newport
With the British University & College Sport (BUCS) Track Championships beckoning our student-athletes, another long road trip to Newport followed. 7 riders represented 5 separate universities with stellar performances & quick comebacks all in tow.
- En route to finishing 2nd, Niall Monks set a new club record in the Kilometre time trial with a time of 1:03.249s
- 2x Gold medals in the Women’s Sprint & 500m time trial for Sylvi Misztal while setting a new club record with 11.536 in the F200m. Natalie Hunter meanwhile raced to a solid 6th place against some strong opposition demonstrating some good tactical rides.
- In the Men’s Sprint events, Niall capped off a dominant weekend with a win in the Team Sprint with his Loughborough teammates & a win in the Sprint. Meanwhile, Strathclyde’s Jamie Cook, Lyall Craig & Comeback King, Lewis Stewart finished 2nd in the Team Sprint.